Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
centuries old question...not really

Posted by nocturnal none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 11:12

Hello guys,

I went to orange box and as usual the guy had no knowledge. So, here I am asking questions here and I am sure I will get the response to my question.

So, I picked up Lesco 19-0-7 Dimension Crabgrass preventer as I was not really satisfied with Scotts Turfbuilder with Halts. Now, both of them are sold as pre-emergent with fertilizer...so is it safe to assume that Lesco 19-0-7 can be used in place of Halts?

Also, here in MD it is raining today on Sunday, and Mon - Wed is going to be without rain, but will start raining again on Thursday. Can I apply Lesco 19-0-7 on Monday?

I am new homeowner and trying to learn all I can to keep my lawn green. My neighbors are all retired and maintain lush green lawns, and me working and being young has little time and almost no experience. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: centuries old question...not really

Yes you would be fine putting it out today. Dimension needs to be watered in with .5 " of rain or irrigation after application. However, if your in maryland there is no rush you have at least a couple of weeks. Yes the Lesco product takes the place of Halts.

o
RE: centuries old question...not really

Thank you, Joneboy. You answered everything I wanted to know/assured of. I am starting fertilizing now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here