Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray on snow?

Posted by kennym_2010 6 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 11:52

Lawn care services spray over snow in winter. Logically to me, it seems, the spray will lay on the snow and wash away when the snow melts, wasting money. Am I looking at this wrong? Or is this truly an effective way of treating for weed control, winter mold and slow release fertilizers? Thanks for any help on this subject.

Kenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray on snow?

I had not heard of that....

I suspect they are thinking that the stuff will absorb into the soil with the snow melt.

Though your comment about washing away with the snow melt is totally valid too. It depends upon how fast the snow melts and how much rain accompanies the melt....

FWIW, I wouldn't do it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here