Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great lawn care Shopping Deals

Posted by ZoysiaSod 6a/6b St.Lou TranZon (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 11:55

Wow, I was at Sam's Club yesterday and picked up 100 feet of soaker hose for just $12.xx. Insanely good price.

They are two hoses of 50 feet each. They come in packets of 2--so you can't buy just one hose.

These are the soaker hoses made from recycled tires.

If you find any good deals, post them here. Let's keep this thread going and save everyone lotsa moolah :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great lawn care Shopping Deals

I was at Walmart today getting an all-metal impact sprinkler and a bulb planter that has an adjustable diameter--nifty. Of course, I couldn't resist looking at the new bags of grass seed. Most of the bags were printed with an appropriate 2012 or 2013 "Sell By" date or "Use By" date, but I saw some bags from Scotts that had a sticker placed over their original "Sell By" dates!

When the sticker was peeled off, you could see that printed on the bag itself was a 2011 "Sell By" date, but the sticker covering the bag had a 2012 Sell By date! I don't know if these were last year's seeds or, hopefully, just this year's seeds in last year's bags? Kinda shocked me.

The stickers were so plainly visible. Just needed to lift them up in order to see the bag's original hidden Sell By date. My faith in corporate ethics has been forever shattered--LOL.

In fairness, I should say that most of the Scotts bags had appropriate 2012 and 2013 Sell-By dates. Only a few bags had the conspicuous stickers covering a date from last year. And again, maybe, those were this year's seeds in last year's bags. Sure hope so.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here