Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how bad did I hurt my bermuda?

Posted by Md_mike 7B (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 12:29

I sprayed roundup on my back yard to kill a weed infestation about 3 weeks ago. Bermuda all looked dormant - no green that I could see. Weeds took a huge hit as desired.

Now my front yard (not sprayed with roundup) is greening up nicely all over, while the back yard is showing just a little green here and there, but mostly just brown and dormant looking.

Did I screw up bad, or will the back yard recover OK? Did I kill it, or just set it back some? I'm feeling very worried!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how bad did I hurt my bermuda?

Don't worry, you might of set it back, but not killed it. Is it possible you have micro-climatic differences between front and back? Like does the front yard get more sun and wind?

Dormant Bermuda is straw color. Dead Bermuda is darker and gray in color that turns to very dark almost black.

o
RE: how bad did I hurt my bermuda?

Thanks texas-weed for the reply. I'm sure that the roundup did affect the back yard as there is one area that I did not spray that is greening up fine. The dormant looking areas that I did spray with RU are still the beige/brown color from all winter, not dead looking, so I guess I just wait for the bermuda to forgive me for abusing it with round up!

Mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here