Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spreader settings

Posted by cla_53_era NJ (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 29, 09 at 13:48

I have lesco fertilizer 19-0-6 and I am trying to find out what setting to use with my Scott`s Speedy Green 3000 spreader. This is about the 6th time I have typed this same message. When am I going to get an answer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spreader settings

I don't know where your messages went but they are not here.

Otherwise, welcome to the forum!

Your Lesco dealer might be able to give you a definitive answer. What I do when I am using a material that I don't know what setting to use is to experiment. I measure out 100 square feet (10x10 feet) and put the amount of fertilizer in the hopper that should cover that area (measure in pounds). Then I set the setting in the middle of the adjustment range and spread the fertilizer. Hopefully you will have some left over. Then, based on what is left over, I adjust the setting again and finish spreading over the lawn. I might not get it exactly right but it's a lot better than a wild guess and putting down way too much. Then make a note somewhere to remind you what setting you used.

o

Please try to remember that people here mostly homeowners too, and they are spending their free time helping others.

Is the fertilizer 19-0-6 with Dimension Crabgrass preventer? That make a big difference. I don't know of a 19-0-6 product from Lesco without Dimension.

Go to the Lesco.com site and on the left side of the window you will see Spreader Settings. The Scott's 3000 is listed.

o

> "This is about the 6th time I have typed this same message. When am I going to get an answer?"

Maybe when you go to the Lesco site, I dunno?

o

Gary:

I know. That was probably about 10X longer than it took me to type "Lesco Spreader Settings" into this miraculous lawn product I discovered called "Google" ;-)

o

Is it a Yello LESCO bag? if so it is 19-0-7 with Dimension, used it this past week here in Virginia , I have a Scotts Standard spreader I used setting "6" and did rows 4.5 feet away from each other. HTH

o

Try this link:
http://www.lesco.com/Default.aspx?PageCode=SPREADER_SETTINGS

It's pretty easy to find if you know where to look.

Step 2: Select Product

Select an item from the following list: (select one) 080381 - DIMENSION 0.10% 19-0-6 30%PPSCU

Step 3: Locate Spreader

Product Application Rate:
*LBS PER 1000 SQFT 2.86 4.13 5.73

Coverage:
* 17500 12106 8726

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Craftsman 2.5 3 3.25
Craftsman Drop 5.25 7 .25
Cyclone 3.5 4.5 4.75
Earthway 14 14.5 14.75
Lely 3.5 4.5 4.75
LESCO HD-1 5.5 7 7.5
LESCO R-94 5 7 7.25
LESCO Rotary (80# & 100#) 13 15 17
Ortho 2.25 3 3.25
Precision 4.5 6 6.5
Red Devil 4.5 6 6.5
Republic 2.25 3 3.25
Scott's Accu Green 5.5 7.25 7.5
Scott's Easy Green 26 26.25 26.5
Scott's R7- X E.5 F.5 G.5
Scott's R8-A I.5 J.5 K.5
Scott's Speedy Green 1000 5 6 6.5
Scott's Speedy Green 2000 6 7 6
Scott's Speedy Green 3000 5 6 6.5
Spyker 3.5 4.5 4.75
True Temper 1500 \ 5000 4.5 5.25 5.5
Vicon 20 28 32
The three different settings for each spreader are the 3 different rates you can put it down at. Read the bag to find out which setting is best for your situation in your area of the country.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here