Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bald spots on seams in new sod

Posted by spindle23 none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 25, 14 at 14:16

I had ryegrass sod installed roughly 2.5 weeks ago, and now there are some bald patches along some of the seams that I don't think were present post-installation .It's not really yellowing so much as it is completely bald

The weather here has been pretty rainy except for last week - during that time I've been keeping it moist and not walking on it except for light mowings

Is this normal? Will it fill in and should I do anything other than let it be? Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bald spots on seams in new sod

To help mine the last time it rained really good I went out right after the rain had stopped and walked on all the seams to push them down into the dirt to make sure there was no air or loose dirt in between the seams. It looks great now...
hope it helps.

o
RE: Bald spots on seams in new sod

Just fill in the gaps with topsoil to keep the edges of the sod from drying out and it will fill in eventually.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here