Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I add fescue in the shade area of my Bermuda?

Posted by aaarneson none (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 15:20

I have a shade spot that the bermuda does not fill in...this area also is the path the the dogs run a bit. The rest of the bemuda is doing great. But this shade area close to the house is not filling in. I was going to seed bermuda and see if it will work but was thinking if I should try fescue to see if it will at least fill in.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
What Drought Tolerant Grass Seed is Better for Northern CA Sierra

I live in Placerville CA 40 miles east of Sacramento at 2600 ft. elevation and I want to plant a drought tolerant grass seed. I only want to water once per week and from my research I’m only finding one brand called cutting edge that looks like it will work. Can anyone out there give me some advice on what’s the best drought tolerant grass seed for sunny and shaded areas in the Sierra foothills?
Thanks,
Buddly123

o
RE: Can I add fescue in the shade area of my Bermuda?

Buddly please post your new question to a new thread.

If you live in the south, you could use St Aug instead of fescue. Fescue should work. Bermuda seed will not work in the shade. It will come in nicely and then die out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here