Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrisofvirginia

Great Turf farms near DC?

chrisofvirginia
12 years ago

Hi everyone. Long time reader, first time (but, I'm sure, not the last) participant. I made a serious timing error when I had 8,000 square feet of re-grading done in early December (Manny's Erosion Control, Inc, Manassas. VA - did an awesome job, extremely conscientious, very creative...and reasonable). The local garden center was not optimistic when they sold me seed that they said might germinate and had lowest possible soil temperature tolerable. Well, after a mild winter, not much has come up. I'm hosting a large outdoor wedding next September, so I need great grass quickly. At this point, I don't fell I can risk seeding plus I'm on a water well with limited capacity. I'm thinking of turf. The exposed "soil" is clay so should it put down something before I install the turf? And it there a supplier anyone can recommend. There's not much on-line to help. Settles in Annandale is the only one I know. I've spoken with USA Turf in Manheim, PA. There used to be a huge sod farm in off I-270 in Gaithersburg, but it seems to be gone.

I'm in a jam so any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Comments (5)