Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! How do I apply Dithiopyr 40WSB (Dimension)

Posted by myhome2 none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 27, 14 at 16:43

I am very new at this. I ordered generic Dimension (Quali-Pro Dithiopyr 40WSB pre-emergent. I didn't realize that it came in a 20 oz bag (4.5 ounce water-soluble bags) How do you apply it? I have approx. 9,000 sq ft lawn. I don't have a spray tank (can you put it in the small plastic handheld tanks)?
I wish I realized this. I thought I was buying a granular pre-emergent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! How do I apply Dithiopyr 40WSB (Dimension)

The label should have application rates. They're often listed as quantity of product per acre (43,000 sq ft), applied in minimum of X gallons of water. You'll want to do the math to break that down to 9000 sq ft.

I don't know if you can use a wettable powder in the "dial a spray" hose-end sprayers, but I doubt it. I do know that they're notoriously inaccurate, in any case. And too much Dimension can definitely be a bad thing. I think you want a sprayer. And you'll need to calibrate it to your walking pace & pressure in the tank. A cheap sprayer will be hard to monitor the pressure (and thus liquid output).

Realistically, It may be easier to return the powder/exchange for granular. Especially since you probably want to get it down pretty soon (depending on your location).

o
RE: Help! How do I apply Dithiopyr 40WSB (Dimension)

Thank you! I returned the water-soluble bags and bought the granular formula (Lesco's Dimension .21% Plus Fertilizer). I now have to figure out what setting to set my Scott's Edgeguard spreader. I am going to look at Lesco's website.
I am a mom who has never done this before.
Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here