Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Late Spring fertilizer application for tall fescue

Posted by johngood5 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 17:04

I keep seeing less and less need for a late Spring application of fertilizer for tall fescue. Visually, it never appears to need any fertilizer after the first flush of growth slows in May. My soil test report says to only go with 3 fall applications. We all know an early spring application is not needed but most of the people on here say to go with an application after the first flush of growth slows.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Late Spring fertilizer application for tall fescue

I applied a winterizer application this year to my TTTF for the first time and it seems to work as advertised. I only use organics (grains, Milorganite) otherwise but even so I am being very conscious of the amount of N I put down as part of my effort to deal with brown patch this year. I intend to put down a few grain applications and then only one Milorganite application in late spring. Milorganite really helps the grass and the iron gives it a great color. Most of my N will be applied in the fall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here