Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using Roundup Around Shrubs

Posted by reinholdt 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 19, 09 at 17:14

I have some unwanted grass creeping into my flowerbed, where it's a couple of feet from some decidious shrubs. Is it safe to use Roundup in this situation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using Roundup Around Shrubs

Yes roundup can be used within a couple inches of the trunks of shrubs. Use extreme caution and use as little product as possible to get the job done. Do it when the wind is calm.
Bill Hill

o

A trick I learned to reduce drift is I took a gallon milk jug and cut off the bottom. Then I stuck the end of the wand of my sprayer into the top and taped it. That way you can completely surround the weed with the milk jug and spray the daylights out of it without worrying about drift.

There are also products out there that will kill grassy weeds without harming most ornamentals. The most popular is fusilade. It is under many trade names and found in garden centers and such. Look for the active ingredient fluazifop-p-butyl.

o

• Posted by jimtnc 7b Raleigh tttf (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 20, 09 at 7:52

Good idea denverdude. Might try that one. I've wiped out more than one shrub by spraying RU. Seemed like every time I got out there to spray the wind would come up...was still as could be before. Geeeshhh!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here