Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on Asian lawn grass. Pls see PIC

Posted by tree101 Concord, California (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 14, 08 at 18:39

Hello,

Please click link below for pic.
Do you know where I could purchase a Korean or japanese lawn grass seeds? It seems very easy to maintained and no water is required. Any information about this type of grass is appreciated?

Here is a link that might be useful: Korean grass

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on Asian lawn grass. Pls see PIC

LOL, technically it is called Zoysia Japonica, the rest of us just call it Zoysia.

The variety known as Korean or Japanese is just plain ole Meyers or Z-52 for most folks. It is not available from seed. It is from sod only with limited avaialability.

o

All grass needs water. Some of us have to irrigate and some get enough rain.

o
Korean Grass (Z. tenuifolia)

My neighbor planted Korean grass along the side of his backyard, on a sloped hill. There is a wooden fence between our yards. The grass is spreading relentlessly into my yard. Any ideas on the best way to control it? I thought of putting edging along the fence that separates us but I am not sure if the root system would go right beneath the edging. Suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

o

Rail road ties will stop Zoysia in its tracks...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here