Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Delayed Tenacity Reaction?

Posted by gsweater 8a Tualatin, OR (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 19:00

I blanket sprayed Tenacity 2 weeks ago today at rec. rate on the north side of my house. In the first week or so, really saw nothing happen. However, in the last 2 days the grass finally appears to be going "ghost". I expected results sooner based on experience from last year. Just curious if anyone has any input, what is a prime temp to apply this? I suspect temp has something to do with the delayed reaction since it's warmed considerably over the last week.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Delayed Tenacity Reaction?

It might be the lower temps or it might be that whitening seems less pronounced after Tenacity has been used a couple of times. It doesn't work any less effectively, just less whitening of surrounding turf. BTW, Tenacity is definitely affected by the rate of metabolism of the grass it is applied to.

o
RE: Delayed Tenacity Reaction?

Thanks Andy. I hadn't used since Oct., where I had more "immediate" (i.e. within a week) results. I was a bit surprised to see it go this long (and hang on), to give results. No complaints about Tenacity, but just checking to see if temp has to do with it. As you mentioned, metabolism does, which is based on temp typically. Appreciate the help Andy!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here