Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cowboytruckn

Bermuda tips

cowboytruckn
12 years ago

I have a bermuda lawn and am really wanting to treat it right this year. I have already applied Scotts Turfbuilder plus weed control for my early spring feeding.

I use a Troy Built mower that has 10 settings that I have set on five. Any taller and it grows ugly and any lower it looks yellow. I think I have found a happy medium.

We got a good rain about 3 weeks ago and today was my first mowing. Starting to really get green but still muddled and highs are around 85 right now. From now on I have once a week mowings until the summer heat when I go to two or three mowings a week. I am giving it a good watering to let it get moisture then I am done for almost three weeks or so.

I hear to use a early spring fertilizer (now and done!), late spring (when?), summer (when?), and a fall with weed control (Late September). Sound correct? Any other advice is welcomed. I am wanting to overseed but when if spring and fall fertilzer has weed killer in it?

Last year from mid June til August we got no rain, this was a new house with sod planted layed first week of June as you can guess my water bill was outrageous. (My wife was pi$$ed). I didn't get to fertilize any except for the fall because I didn't want to hurt with too much fertilizer on stressed grass. I put a coat of starter fertilizer when they layed sod (recommenced by Scotts customer service).

Comments (4)