Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
dead spots

Posted by Fredda nevada (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 20:31

I have two bare spots where nothing grows, one on each fence corner, they get plenty of sun, have dug up earth and replaced with soil, still will not grow, I suspect that passing dogs are using the post to relieve themselves as I have seen it often, if this is the case is there something I can do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dead spots

Try to add fertilizer to the soil or you can use an artificial grass at the corner. They look same as real grass. I also had a same problem. So I installed Village Green Turf in my lawn. Now my lawn stay green in all seasons.

o
RE: dead spots

What kind of grass do you have (or want) growing there?

The problem with dog urine is the soil does not have sufficient population of microbes to process the urine. One thing you might try is putting some shredded mulch, a little organic fertilizer (any flour or ground grain from the kitchen will do), a handful of table sugar, and keep it moist for a few weeks. That will do wonders for your microbe population and should help with the urine problems. The microbes will eat the sugar and wheat/corn and repopulate the soil. If it starts to work and doesn't you get a setback, do it again. You can apply ground grains as often and as much as you want.

If you have fescue you will need to re seed or resod. Need to know what grass you have. Pictures are always nice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here