Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Disease on a bush/shrub

Posted by cbiscuit AL (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 21:49

I these bushes or shrubs in the front of my house. I am not sure what they are, but I would describe them as having red berries, prickly leaves, new growth is bright green which then sort of hardens to a darker green as it ages. It looks like holly a bit. Last fall, we had the lawn service we used to use (I am trying to the alfalfa thing this summer) come by and tell us they are diseased as indicated by white spots. He of course offered his services to prevent and treat this disease. At $40 a shot, I find this expensive. I would like your opinions as to what this might be and if I could treat/prevent on my own and how?

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Disease on a bush/shrub

Pics would help, including the spots. You can buy a lot of fungicide and insecticide for $40. But you'll want to correctly identify the problem because often timing is everything (especially if it's something resulting from an insect).

o
RE: Disease on a bush/shrub

First thing I would do is ask this question in a forum which was not a lawn forum. I don't know which one because this is the only one I read, but there are a bunch here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here