Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weed Identification & Brown Spot

Posted by pfowler80 Alabama Gulf Coast (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 22:39

First off, I'm not entirely certain what type of grass I have but I believe it's a fescue? I'm hoping someone can help me out and maybe offer some advice as to what I can/should be doing, thanks in advance.

I have been seeing the weed in the first pic every year and have no idea what's it called or what to do about it.

photo image_zpsa19c5816.jpg

Then, starting sometime last year around late summer I think, a small brown spot developed and has gradually grown to what you see in the pic below. Is this some sort of fungus or disease?

photo image_zps19ce85af.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weed Identification & Brown Spot

I'm reasonably sure your grass is not fescue. You seed darned little fescue south of Tennessee.

It could be you have either zoysia or bermuda grass. With the shade you have I would expect it to thin out and leave bare soil. The only grass that will grow that far south in the shade is St Augustine. If what you have is already St Aug, then you need to look at your watering routine.

What is your watering regimen? How often and for how long?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here