Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Homeowner needs lawncare advice!

Posted by CheetahNate 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 29, 12 at 0:48

Greetings! I am a new homeowner, and we inherited a lawn that is in need of some serious TLC.

The majority of the problem (and my main concern) is in the front of the house. The lawn is West-facing, situated on a hill. The soil seems to be fairly rocky, and we have a number of spots and ruts in the yard with no growth at all. I have included several photos below to show the current state of what I have to work with.

Before I do any maintenance or purchase any products, I was hoping to get some advice on steps to take and products/equipment that I may need to look into. I really don't even know where to begin... Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Homeowner needs lawncare advice!

I would roundup the grass, till the yard deeply, and screen all the soil down to a depth of 8-10 inches to remove the rock. Mix in some organic material, let settle for a year, level, and plant a new lawn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here