Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
atlanta_golf_lawn

TifSport performance in filtered sun & heavy shade?

Atlanta-Golf-Lawn
10 years ago

I have been reading (poaching) the site for a few months, but just decided to join.

I bought a home last August and I believe that I have 419 in the front and back yard.

The previous owner maintained the yard at about 2 1/2" - 3", which is obviously too high for Bermuda. I slowly took the height down late last growing season (1/8" every 2 weeks) to a final height of 1 1/2". I scalped it down to about a 1/2" late March of this year.

The front yard gets a solid 8+ hours of sun and the lawn is beginning to come to life, but the back yard is a different story. The back yard get about 3 - 4 hours of good sun and about 2 hours of filtered sun.

The back yard is still at the same height as when I scalped it and it has no signs of life.

Sorry for the long rambling, but I wanted to provide a little history. I am redesigning a lot of the landscaping in the back yard and was thinking it would be a good time to replace the grass with something more shade tolerant. I have seen quite a few reviews of TifGrand, and people seem to be unhappy, but I have not seen much on the TifSport.

I would prefer to stay with Bermuda is possible!

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Nice to meet everyone...LOL

Jason

Comments (3)