Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherm1082

Weed identification in bermuda lawn.

sherm1082
9 years ago

Hey guys. I'm back with yet another question. I started following the bermuda bible late spring/early summer of last year and had good results. The two steps I missed last year because of when I started was mowing the lawn short when it started to green and applying pre-emergent. This year I did both. I had a somewhat mild poa problem the last couple of years and I give lesco dimension some props. I started applying it last fall and it knocked out pretty much all of my poa this year. My yard was also looking good a month or so ago. While all my neighbors' yards were greening with weeds, my bermuda was slowly waking up and staying weed free. I cut it with my mower on the lowest setting twice. The latest time was a couple of weeks ago. I hit it with some 15-3-7 (I think that's it) fertilizer a week and a half ago and I am starting to see the pictured weed pop up. First it was in my back yard but now it is in my front. I'm also starting to see some clovers in my back yard. What is the deal? What did I do wrong and more importantly how can I start to control it?

{{gwi:85750}}

Comments (3)