Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this weed, and how do I deal with it?

Posted by sgard MA (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 11:36

I have a large patch of weeds and dead grass on my lawn. I moved into this house last year, and the neighbors say that this patch of weeds has come up every year for quite a while. The rest of the lawn is in decent shape, so there might be something about where it is on the lawn. This spot gets tons of sun, bit other parts of the lawn do as well. and they don;t have this issue.

Here is a close up of the weed as well as a couple pictures of what the whole patch looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/f5ZBE.jpg

Any ideas what this weed is and how I should deal with it?

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of the weeds and the patch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this weed, and how do I deal with it?

In case it's not clear, I'm in Lexington, MA. Thanks.

o

Bittercress. Cut it and bag it to prevent it from seeding and from any of the seeds that might have already developed from getting on the ground. Then treat the area with Weed B Gone Max. Two applications might be necessary.

o

Thanks, tiemco. I really appreciate the response.

o

Here's an interesting article on Bittercress. http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/03/28/lawn-a-mess-its-bittercress.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here