Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I leveled my bermuda lawn..

Posted by nitram10 none (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 11:39

I leveled my bermuda lawn with builders sand about 10 days ago. Every thing worked out well and the grass is starting to spread, although slowly. They only thing that i didnt do was use a lawn roller to pack it down. Now 10 days later when i walk on it some parts are still soft. Should i rent a roller today and pack it down real good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I leveled my bermuda lawn..

You watered it yet? That will make it settle, too.

o

yeah i have been watering. there are still some spots that i feel need to be packed down. Just wondering if it was a bad idea or not.

o

No you do not want to pack it down. I suspect those soft spots were the low spots where larger amounts of sand accumulated and what you are feeling is the sand shifting when you put your weight on it as that is what it should do. Eventually the Bermuda roots and rhizomes will fill up the loose sand and tighten it up on its own.

FWIW you cannot pack coarse angular sand, that is why you used it so it would not pack down.

o

thanks texas

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here