Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Shampoo aerating question

Posted by soup006 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 12:04

I have decided to try the baby shampoo method with my ortho hose end sprayer. I have read one post saying to add water to the ortho bottle after adding the 3oz/1000sqft of shampoo and another not mentioning adding water to the container. I did the backyard yesterday without adding water to the container of shampoo. Is this still ok? I just sprayed until it was all gone so I know it was applied.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Shampoo aerating question

Adding water to the bottle only make the shampoo thinner so it flows easier. If you had no problem getting the shampoo to flow through the sprayer, then all is well.

o

I think my lawn suffers from hard soil too. I dormant-seeded last fall. Will this shampoo application have any negative effect on the new grass seed, which has not germinated yet? Thanks!

o

I would not think so. And I have not read anything from others on that topic. If you are worried about it, wait until after you are mowing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here