Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can someone tell me what this is?

Posted by redryan918 oklahoma (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 12:05

Hello, I have these patches growing in my front yard, I think its crab grass but I am not sure, I am trying very hard to get my lawn to look plush and green this year but its a struggle. I have these all over the yard and bare spots.

Can someone look at the pic attached and tell me whats the best way to get rid of these?

thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can someone tell me what this is?

It's POA annua.
Look up online, I think Ortho came up with a weed killer that kills nutsedge. Ortho nutsedge killer, it also kills POA.
Or you could get a shovel and dig it up. Literally, I'm not kidding.
That stuff is wicked, get rid of it now.
Don't use a weed wacker, just dig it up by the roots.
Your yard isn't that big.

o

Not poa annul or crabgrass those are clumps of tall fescue. The rest of your yard is bermuda grass, the brown stuff.

o

So is my best option to dig this up one by one then reseed?

o

Can you describe the seed stems and seeds (if any)? Can you identify your turf grass?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here