Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Application of pre emergent too late?

Posted by Mofo2713 8 Frisco, TX (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 9, 12 at 12:09

Put down Scotts + Halt about 6 weeks ago on my Tifway 419 in Frisco, TX and per TWs suggestion, I'm going to put down Lesco's 15-5-10 after the landscapers finish up at the end of next week and then go up to the 39-0-0 for the summer (Apr 20)
Wondering since Scotts + Halt was the only thing I put down before and really didn't hit it with a good pre-emergent, would now be a good time to put down an application of pre emergent to hold me over for the next few months or is too late by now and just go the route of spot treating the next couple of months with a Weed B gone spray?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Application of pre emergent too late?

Forget Scott's Halt. Use AMAZE, Dimension, or Barricade.

o
RE: Application of pre emergent too late?

Yeah I knew Scott's HALT was bad once I started reading the forum. I was just going by the Bible you wrote and it said 8 weeks after first application is a good time to apply another pre-emergent for the summer months. Is there much of a difference in the pre emergents or am I fine with any of the AMAZE, Dimension, or Barricade is avail at my local HD or Lowes?

o
RE: Application of pre emergent too late_?

Found these 2 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_224360-38888-1010_0__?productId=3549242

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=89556-38888-40610

Anyone have experience with either of these?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here