Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red Thread getting ready

Posted by sundancesm20 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 13:17

I know it's a little earlier to be asking this question about red thread, but I got hammered last year and want to do whatever I can now to stop it from coming back this year. Last Spring was very rainy and I know that moisture helps contribute to disease.

Does anyone having any suggestions? I know I can�t control the weather, but should add an extra feeding in the spring? I�ve read that red thread thrives in nitrogen deficient lawns. I know I can add fungicides, but heard they can do more harm than good.

Thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red Thread getting ready

Fungicides may do harm but you can recover from them. Unfortunately the organic solution using ordinary corn meal does not work on red thread or rust. But whatever you use, the fix for anything the fungicide might do is to apply a very thin dusting of compost.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here