Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kennethr7

help with lawn decision

kennethr7
10 years ago

I moved to Delaware mid last year, lawn in poor shape, grass, weeds, wiregrass, ants, grubs, etc. Hired a lawn service to rid lawn of wiregrass, heavily seed lawn, etc. Roundup used 2 weeks ago on wiregrass, which seems to have killed it (dry and off white) Person doing work said it would be advantageous to put in an irrigation system before seeding lawn. Price seems good, $3,000 for front and side lawns, about 10,000 sq. ft. My concerns are the wiregrass returning and whether I should put in an irrigation system now (company said it would be the best time to do it before heavy seeding and need to dig up yard after this has been done) or later after I see what the lawn looks like. Or possibly not at all (irrigation system), Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I just retired to Delaware from Pa and have no knowledge relating to reoccurance of wiregrass or whether or not company just wants to add to bottom line and get irrigation system put in if not sodding lawn but just heavily seeding with weed treatments after. Thanks for any help here.

Comments (2)