Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Using insecticidal soap grubs

Posted by timbits none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 14:25

I have recently read that spraying a 1 to 2% solution of insecticidal soap on a lawn will kill white grubs.

Anybody have any knowledge of that approach to grubs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Using insecticidal soap grubs

• Posted by cristi 7b West Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:16

My Pop always used Tide Granular Laundry Soap for grubs, don't know why it works, but it does. I use it in my garden.

o

Hi Cristi - thanks for the info.

How did your dad apply the soap and how much did he use?

o

Grubs are not a year-long problem nor are they an annual event. If you had grub damage last year, those grubs have not been feeding for months. So spraying some thing now would give the appearance of killing them but would just be a waste of money.

The damaging grubs appear a month or so after you have an infestation of either June bugs or Japanese beetles. If you don't see them swarming your porch lights, then you likely won't have enough grubs to bother with. If you do have them swarming in May or June, then about a month after they swarm, dig up one square foot of grass and see if you have grubs. If you have fewer than 12 in that square foot of grass, then you don't have a problem. Your lawn should handle that many without showing any damage. If you have more than 12, then bring out the Tide or whatever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here