Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this poison ivy??

Posted by kelly75hack none (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 24, 14 at 15:28

About to plant there- don't want to touch it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this poison ivy??

I think that is poison oak. Get a second opinion, though!

o

While it may be poison oak, in my experience poison oak had more indented leaves.

There are several innocent plants that have leaves similar. If it has white flowers at this time of year it may be wild strawberries. There are several types. The one I am thinking about has red berries but the surface is very finely seed not like domestic strawberries.

o

This is not poison oak or ivy. It is wild strawberries. Many people eat the strawberries from these plants but I think they are rather tasteless.

I have them growing everywhere.

Linda

o

It looks just like false strawberry to me. Latin name Duchesnea indica.

o

Here is a link to the plant:Fragaria vesca/Wild Strawberry.

Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Strawberry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here