Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawninshambles

Lots of Lawn problems!

LawnInShambles
11 years ago

Hi, I'm new here. What's brought me here is an array of problems in both my front and back yard.

Frontyard - I believe we have Bermuda. Weed & Feed applied in Fall 2012. Winter temperatures sent grass into dormancy. Spring time now, neighbors lawns almost entirely green while mine is patchy green, and mostly dead/dormant looking. Going to apply water right now to see if maybe it just needs more water. Some weeds in the front, though not too bad. Biggest problem were these big thick clumps of grass; manually pulled those out.

Backyard - Very weedy, especially a clover looking weed. Weed & Feed killed off the other weeds, and did nothing to the clover weed. It's taken over the back portion of the yard. Near the front portion there is a spot that receive minimal sunlight a day and appears to be turning mossy. Near the a/c unit there is a spot that receive NO sunlight and is entirely mossy.

Sorry for the length of this post but I'm having lots of problems and just need a place to start. I feel overwhelmed and am on the brink of calling in a professional though it's not in my budget. With regards to the mossy patch, I am thinking of somehow removing the moss (tips appreciated) and making a flower bed there or planting hastas as I've been told they do well in shade.

Any and all tips appreciated and pictures can be uploaded if needed. Thank you!!

Comment (1)