Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this my grass germinating or something else?

Posted by KMack17 6 NJ (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 17:33

Hello, I planted a mixture of fine fescue and KBG 10 days ago and I'm starting to notice some activity. I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is grass or something else that I don't want. It seems like whatever is coming up has 2 leaves sprouting in opposite directions. Is this what grass looks like in its early stages?

Here's a picture. I'll take a better one if anyone needs it. Thanks for your help.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this my grass germinating or something else?

Nope, that's not grass, just weeds.

o

Sorry, friend. That looks to be a whole lot of something other than grass.

What else are we seeing in that pic? Are those all rocks?

o

It's PennMulch after it's absorbed some water. It's starting to break down.

I know spring is a rough time to try to establish a lawn, but do I have any hope here? Any recommendations to try to get rid of this stuff while keeping the grass alive?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here