Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kscurl01

Fall Bermuda sod installation needs help

kscurl01
10 years ago

New bermuda sod was put down on our new-construction lot in the Dallas area around the first week of last October.

I kept it watered and put down a 15-5-10 fertilizer before winter dormancy set in.

I applied a Lesco 0-0-7 pre-emergent in March, right before green-up started.

I plan on putting down Lesco 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 here in a week or so and following the Bermuda Bible schedule thereafter.

The problem is that my lawn lacks any thickness whatsoever.... it's just flat, with some dandelions and other weeds typical of new, unestablished lawns. It is beginning to green up, but I'm having a hard time understanding if there's more that I should do at this point. Should I just be patient since the roots really didn't have a chance to mature before dormancy set in last Fall?

I'd like to give it the best possible chance for success before the Summer months arrive.

Comments (2)

• apundt-tx
    10 years ago

Bermuda is just starting to wake up now in our areas.
    I have a three year established celebration bermuda with probably on 10% greenup.

• dchall_san_antonio
    10 years ago

There is a difference between green up and growth. I'm seeing growth in George West but only patchy growth in San Antonio. The initial hint of greening was several weeks ago, but things are finally moving now. This has been the longest fall-winter-spring I can remember in South Texas.

So yes, patience.