Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall Bermuda sod installation needs help

Posted by kscurl01 none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 5, 14 at 18:40

New bermuda sod was put down on our new-construction lot in the Dallas area around the first week of last October.

I kept it watered and put down a 15-5-10 fertilizer before winter dormancy set in.

I applied a Lesco 0-0-7 pre-emergent in March, right before green-up started.

I plan on putting down Lesco 3-1-2 or 4-1-2 here in a week or so and following the Bermuda Bible schedule thereafter.

The problem is that my lawn lacks any thickness whatsoever.... it's just flat, with some dandelions and other weeds typical of new, unestablished lawns. It is beginning to green up, but I'm having a hard time understanding if there's more that I should do at this point. Should I just be patient since the roots really didn't have a chance to mature before dormancy set in last Fall?

I'd like to give it the best possible chance for success before the Summer months arrive.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall Bermuda sod installation needs help

Bermuda is just starting to wake up now in our areas.
I have a three year established celebration bermuda with probably on 10% greenup.

o
RE: Fall Bermuda sod installation needs help

There is a difference between green up and growth. I'm seeing growth in George West but only patchy growth in San Antonio. The initial hint of greening was several weeks ago, but things are finally moving now. This has been the longest fall-winter-spring I can remember in South Texas.

So yes, patience.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here