Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
slugs on lawn

Posted by jvmagic USDA9 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 22, 09 at 18:54

Hi,
I was picking up after my two doggies and identified two slugs on my lawn. Is this a bad sign? I do have quite a few bare spots on my lawn which I thought originated from my two Bichon (10 lbs) but now I'm not sure.
please advice??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: slugs on lawn

In most cases, slugs are neither a good nor a bad sign - they are just slugs. Slugs can really chew up Hosta, however, so if you have it, you should deal with them. The easiest way is to find the places where they hide during the day to protect themselves from the heat of the sun. Slates and other flat surfaces laying horizontally are a favorite place for slugs. Slug control pellets can be a bad thing - often the poison is deadly to birds. While a little on the gross side, a shallow plate with a bit of beer poured in it pushed into the soil so they can get to it attracts them in the evening - just scoop them out and discard them when you think of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here