Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeded Bermuda Lawn One Year Later

Posted by prodirtraker West Texas (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 20:41

Looking for some advice on year two of my Pennington Bermuda Triangle seeded lawn. First year was great, lawn performed well. This spring all the thatch was raked out and watering every two days. The Small portion of the lawn that was sodded is doing great. The seeded portion is coming back real slow, feeling like it is going to have to reestablish from the 10% of plants that are actively growing.

What do you all suggest? Overseeding with more Bermuda? Let it ride out? I am resisting stripping it down and sodding, I feel like there is hope. All advice is welcome, thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeded Bermuda Lawn One Year Later

Definitely ride it out.

Where are you in West, TX?

Stop watering every 2 days. You should be watering only every week to two weeks depending on where you live in the West.

Raking out the thatch was unnecessary but not harmful.

Here are the basics of bermuda care as explained in much more detail in the Bermuda Bible (Google it).

Weekly:
Mulch mow two times at about 1.5 inches high
Water once a full inch (measure with cat food or tuna cans)

Monthly:
Fertilize with a high N fertilizer

If you do this, and you are in full sun, you should never have weeds or other issues with the grass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here