Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texas_weed

Professional Line Trimmer Tip

texas_weed
12 years ago

Guys that I would share some pro tips with respect to line trimmers. The first tip is a secret I will share with you not many know about and will make life a lot easier on you and the job go much faster.

1. STORE YOUR TRIMMER LINE SPOOL IN A BUCKET OF WATER and leave it there. When done with a trimming job clean out the unused line and get rid of it. Replace with wet line just before you trim. Wet line that is hydrated is less brittle and will do a battery job with less line use.

Top 3 Trimmer Lines

1. Echo CrossFire The Echo CrossFire can be found at Home Depot, starts at 0.080" Pros find it all around tough and long lasting, with a good, clean cut.

2. Husqvarna Titanium Force The Husqvarna Titanium Force, which can be found at Amazon, starts at 0.080". Pros find it is tough, precise, and does not abrade much. A new line by Husqvarna, the Husqvarna XP Force is a 2-layer line with slick skin and bendable core - it starts at 0.095" but expensive and very rough on delicate items like siding and tree bark.

3. Stihl Premium Round: Stihl Premium ranges from .065", while the Commercial starts at .095". Stihl also makes a Quiet Line (.080" and .095") The Stihl round line gets kudos for being a fairly long lasting line which is good to use in delicate environments where damage should be avoided. This should probable be most of your picks because it is fairly gentle on siding, tree bark, etc... A real plus for homeowners.

Regardless of line choice keep the line STORED IN WATER. You will thank me later when you try it.

Comments (4)