Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
proplat919_gw

Lawn Renovation Advice Needed

proplat919
10 years ago

New to the forum, but have tried to search for an answer to my questions and haven't found someone else with my situation. A little background:

Bought a new construction home last February. Front yard was sodded with Bermuda but back was maybe seeded. Mostly weeds when I bought it though with traces of Bermuda. Went through last year just irritating and mowing. Back yard got worse and is terrible shape this year. it's about 9,0000 square feet with full irrigation installed.

Had a reputable landscaper come out to give an estimate on basically starting over. He recommended a full kill, clearing it, power rake and hydroseed with Bermuda. I thought his estimate was excessive so I priced out the hydroseed with another contractor and planned to do the prep work myself.

I had already done the first application of round up and then decided to do more research. I've learned that spring looks to be a bad time to seed, but since ive already got round up down, I have to keep things going. Sod is going to be too expensive so I am looking to you all for advice from here forward regarding prep work as well as taking care of the new seed.

I am planning to get a soil test this week. Round up has been down about six days and well definitely need to be re applied. my plan was to Round up, water, round up again and scalp it to the ground. then till or power rake with spot applications of round up then hydroseed. So, what would you all recommend? Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Comments (6)