Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mixing Sod

Posted by TJSmoov none (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 21:04

We just got a new construction house with sod that is 90% Tall Fescue and 10% Kentucky Bluegrass. There is some other land directly next to it that I want to sod but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that exact mix. Is there a problem with me putting a different mix of sod next to the recently laid sod? Like 100% Fescue or something like that?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mixing Sod

That 90/10 mix is typically what you get when you buy tall fescue sod. The kentucky bluegrass helps knit the tall fescue together. It's not out of the realm of possibility but you would probably have a hard time finding 100% tall fescue sod,but if you do it won't be an issue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here