Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Killing Grass on Purpose

Posted by madakatude 6A (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 1, 14 at 21:31

Hi All....I'm getting a fenced in yard in another week or so. On the other side of my fence is my neighbors driveway. The fence will not be on the property line and I will have room to go on the other side for fence maintenance. I don't mind doing that but there will be sizable strip of grass on that side. I don't want to do that! Then I have to clean up the mess on his driveway and it will be awkward getting over there on my ride on. I don't have a push. I'd rather kill there grass there and FAST. My sometimes landscaper has something he uses that kills grass but he told me if he uses it plants will never grow there again. Of course he won't tell me what it is. Do anyone know what this stuff is or have any other suggestions .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Killing Grass on Purpose

There are products that will leave you with bare ground for a while, but not forever. Sooner or later you will have a strip full of annual weeds next to your fence, and annual weeds typically grow pretty fast which means more mowing for you. Maintaining turfgrass will be less work than a patch of weeds. Turfgrass is easier to control than weeds and less mowing. Turfgrass will control runoff so soil does not wash away from around your fence posts and turfgrass will keep mud from splashing up on to your fence,

o
RE: Killing Grass on Purpose

Good points! Never thought about mud and less soil over time.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here