Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand watering lawn

Posted by Nitemite Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 21:40

I don't see much info on hand watering a lawn. I have a pretty small front yard. With the driveway and sidewalks in the way, using a standard sprinkler would cause a lot of wasted water. Plus I don't want to spend the money on an irrigation system (maybe later). So is the 1" rule still the way to go? I plan on getting a high quality fire hose nozzle. Their spray is very broad, and drops a good amount of water. But is that too much at one time? I live in Orlando fl with a sandy Bahia lawn, and when it rains, it soaks up water like a sponge.
Thanks for any info you can provide!

This post was edited by Nitemite on Sun, Apr 6, 14 at 22:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand watering lawn

You can still get small sprinklers that might cover your lawn area without going to too much waste. Just use it when watering the lawn.

Another option might be soaker hoses that you move in and out of the lawn area when watering. I am not sure if there are any negatives on that since the idea just popped into my head but it's generally not a suggested way to water the lawn grass.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here