Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What happen to my lawn?

Posted by pbx2 7 VA (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 22:04

My neighbors' grass are all lush & healthy but mine has patches of yellow right smack in the middle of the grass.

Grass is greener & a bit healthier by beds & hardscape.

I believe the grass is a mixed of KBG & Fescue.
We have a lawn service that we used last year with fine results.
Same lawn service sprayed fertilizer & pre-emergent since end of February.
The lawn was a perfect green & lush entering this past November & though we had a rough winter like every1 else...we were expecting to be like our neighbors coming into spring (all have same service).

We did aerating & overseeding in October - watered it straight for 3 weeks. & now this! What could be happening? Disease?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What happen to my lawn?

Hi PBX2,

Different species of grass "wake up" at different times, so there is a chance that your neighbors have different grass on their lawn. This is a pretty common problem that people have when the snow melts and starts to unveil what has been hiding underneath. We actually wrote a blog about this particular topic about a month ago -- check it out to see more reasons why your neighbors might have "greener grass" on the other side :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Common Lawn Problems for the End of Winter

o
RE: What happen to my lawn?

@ LawnDawg1997 - thanks will take a look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here