Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kamilran

What's going on?? Please help me...

kamilran
13 years ago

Hi

I will start from the beginning.I live in Ct, ( New Haven County) Last year, we had construction project( water line, etc) At the and we leveled front yard and seeded the grass. It was miidle of June, and I think that was the reason, why grass did't look strong, green etc. Over the winter I've spent many hours on the Internet reading articles how to repair my lawn etc. I started at the middle of the March. I added extra top soil in few spots, where came up holes.I raked everything and removed old blades from the weeds ( I had almost weeds...) I over seeded everything, added starter fertilizer and was watering everything every day for two weeks. Everything was looking good. The grass begun be stronger, seeds germinated. Around two-three weeks ago I added another portion of starter fertilizer( I belive it was 12-25-0 ? or something like this. I spread 1 level lower than it was recommended by the producer.)

Now when seeds germinated, I don't water it every day to prevent fangus etc. ( I am adding water only in some spots). Few days ago I recognized that I yellow spots, the same like year ago appeared in some places. Some looks ok, the grass looks strong and green, but those yellow are killing me. I've spent many hours working on it, and I don't see difference. Does anyone knows what is it?? I don't think that is fertilizer, because I used only starter and I gave lower rate than recommended. Any solution?? Should I add regular fertilizer to give extra kick for my grass?? Maybe aerating will help?

I am looking forward for some help and advices. Like I said, I 've spent many hours of hard work, and again everything goes wrong. I am stil thinking about what I did wrong and this goes me crazy. Please help me...

{{gwi:89869}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

{{gwi:89870}}

{{gwi:89871}}

{{gwi:89872}}

Comments (5)