Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations for a Bermuda Seed?

Posted by crombold 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 22, 14 at 22:19

I plan on leveling my lawn in a month or so after I know the bermuda is growing strong. When doing so, I am toying with the idea of adding some bermuda seed to the sand to fill in a few thin areas and make my lawn more dense. Does anyone have a recommended bermuda seed? I live in central Texas and my lawn gets full sun. I cut it very short so I want its runners to be below the surface, and preferably a 'softer on the feet' species. Or, am I going the wrong route and it'll do more harm overseeding with a seed species to a bermuda that came sodded?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations for a Bermuda Seed?

I assume that since the lawn was sodded that it would be a hybrid bermuda. Adding a seeded variety to a hybrid bermuda will make the lawn look weedy as the common tends to grow vertically.

Ultimately just follow the bible.

o
RE: Recommendations for a Bermuda Seed?

DO NOT SEED INTO A HYBRID. Was I shouting? I guess so.

Why is the grass thin? There are a total of one reasons for that. Too much shade. Otherwise bermuda grows pretty dense. Is it getting any shade from anywhere? If so adding more seed won't help at all. Is the sprinkler reaching that spot? Or is it overshooting that spot?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here