Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
zoysia sod just won't root

Posted by RudyTucker Georgia (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 19, 11 at 23:09

I live in Atlanta Georgia. I had my lawn sodded with Jamur Zoysia about 45 days ago (beginning of March). It's still mostly pale green the way it was when it came, but it's just not rooting anywhere in the entire yard.

My landscaper assures me it will root, but I'm noticing some panels/pieces are looking a little white (like a dormant lawn, not dead brown).

I realize it's only April 19th, but we've had a pretty warm spring this year; shouldn't I be seeing some rooting by now?

It doesn't look dead, it's just not doing anything.
I was watering it daily like I was told, but I thought that by now it should be taking hold.
I get about 6-8 hours of direct sunlight a day. Most of the zoysia lawns around me are already greening up.

Am I just being inpatient or could there really be something causing it not to root?
I could see if one or two pieces weren't growing, but it's the whole yard.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: zoysia sod just won't root

You need to be more patient. We are just now getting into the 60's overnight. Zoysia is slow to establish.

o

zoysia doesn't start really moving until it stays hot at night. Then it'll start growing like crazy.

o

Rudy

Is your Jamur Zoysia Ok? I am in Marietta and my newly sodded Jamur Zoysia is in a shock; Just trying to find if you have solved the issue. Appreciate your response. Here is my earlier thread URL link below

Here is a link that might be useful: My Lawn picture

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here