Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wlburgess

Bermuda Seed for Oklahoma

wlburgess
10 years ago

I am looking for the a cheap Bermuda seed to put down on an acre of land. I bought 2.5 acres last year and the builder sodded right around the house and the drainage ditch. He then seeded the rest of the yard (no idea what variety). That was around July of last year. The seed sprouted and the yard was growing well but the plants were still young when the grass went dormant. This year I have huge patches of dead grass with no new berumda grass coming up. Most of the sod has come back, but the seeded areas are hit or (mostly) miss. I have read that young berumda grass can sometimes die in the first winter if it hasn't established well enough. I am going to reseed the entire acre around the house and have been researching the variety. I wanted to use Yukon, but it is 300 dollars per 25 lbs, and I would probally need almost 1k worth in seed. Is there something cheaper that would work good? It does not have to be golf grade turf, It just needs to be a usable lawn which is low maintenance. Something to keep the kids from becoming muddy messes after every rain.

I live west of Oklahoma City near El Reno, OK.

Thanks

William

Comments (2)