Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Before and After Pictures of my Lawn

Posted by ncguy32 7b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 17, 09 at 23:28

I have really learned a lot from reading this forum over the past three years. Here are some before and after shots of my tall fescue lawn in Raleigh, NC. I bought my house in 2006 and it had a terrible lawn. I aerated and overseeded in 2006, skipped 2007 due to severe drought, and aerated and overseeded in fall 2009. I put lime down every fall (we have acidic red clay here) and fertilize in the fall and spring. I do not water my lawn at all except for during the month after I overseed. I must say following that basic maintenance regime for three years has really improved my lawn. Thanks for all the great advice this board provides. :-)

This is what the lawn looked like in 2006 when we bought the house.
Photobucket

This is what it looks like today (2009)
Photobucket

Before in 2006
Photobucket

Now in 2009
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Before and After Pictures of my Lawn

That looks pretty nice. Good job.

o

Wow Ncguy32, Thats impressive. Great job. Excellent pictures. Please tell us your grass story. What kind of seed? How you achieved that beautiful lawn, and how are you maintaining it now. Tips and suggestions for others? Inquiring minds want to know.
Bill Hill

o

Incredible. Looks like you and your neighbor did a top notch job!

o

I remember when you first joined and posted pictures of this lawn in the "before" status. Awesome job! Isn't it amazing what some nice grass can do for a yard?

o

Good job! What a difference...

Did you put down some Bluegrass seed during the renovation?

o

Wow, that is the kind of turnaround I need to start working on. My current lawn only looks marginally better than your photos! Nice work.

o

Wow I'd kill for my front yard to look like that. Heh. I've been working on it for 4 years now.

o

• Posted by jimtnc 7b Raleigh tttf (My Page) on
    Tue, May 5, 09 at 5:34

Good work! Bet you can't help admiring the work you did. I know I would be.

Now start working on that pool and expanded patio deck. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here