Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Step 2 Fert - Heavy Rain

Posted by Ibanez540r Ohio Z5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 26, 11 at 2:36

So I've been waiting for a dry day or two to put down Scotts step 2 of the 4 step program. Yesterday was a decent day and I saw there was no rain until this evening - over the recommended 24hr period. So, I sprinkled the lawn to get it wet so the weed killer would stick and laid it down. Well, after a little bit of normal rain this afternoon, we got hit with a MONSOON of rain! Somewhere in the area of 1.5-2in. in a short period. More random storms over the next day or so..

Did everything get watered in or just washed away? I was not home to see what the yard looked like, but it's mainly flat with maybe a very slight grade towards a front ditch.

...worried I just wasted my second step. I know as far as weed control I can always do something additional, but don't want to use more fert not knowing.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Step 2 Fert - Heavy Rain

Missing the late spring app of fert is not a calamity. You got some. I would be very hesitant to reapply. Fall is when grass should be fertilized anyway.

If you really want to do something, you could try organic fertilizer. It has no interactions with the chemical fertilizer, does not wash away, and can be used over and over with no harm.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here