Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
granular weed killer

Posted by dbags z6 CT (My Page) on
Sun, May 3, 09 at 5:16

does anyone know if there are any granular,broadleaf weedkillers available out there? what i mean is a weedkiller without fertilizer.all the big-box stores all carry weed and feed ,but at this time my lawn doesnt require any fertizer.the area in question is too large to use a spray.last summer i was ill and wasnt able to keep up with things and the lawn became infested with clover,dandelions..etc...just last week,my daughters helpful (?)b/f decided he would help me out and spread fertilzer around,now the grass,AND the weeds are taking off.usaully i am right on top of things and am able to control weeds by spot spraying,but this is too overwhelming a task.
my plan is to use a granular weed killer with no fertilizer,if thats possible,and then to return to my normal schedule with the lawn....anyway..has anyone ever heard of a granular weedkiller without he fertilizer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: granular weed killer

dgags, I don't know of any commonly available granulated weed killers without fertilizer. If you have or could get a water hose that can reach the weed infested areas, then you could use a hose end sprayer. They are relatively cheap and put a lot of weed killer down really fast.
Bill Hill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here