Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weeds in my lawn

Posted by butchie1993 Maryland (My Page) on
Thu, May 24, 12 at 6:46

Good morning I usually consider myself a drive by on this site. I usually read to see if anything I can pick up knowledge wise on my lawn. I live in Waldorf, MD and we are having alot of rain in the next 4-5 days. My lawn had a lot of weeds but I feel I did a good job maintaining them. My question is when lawn get a consistant amount of rain does that some how bring or help weeds to grow in your lawn? i cut my grass at the highest point becaues I don't have trees and by July my lawn takes a heavy pounding of sun. My main concern is weeds and trying to help it stay green. I don't have a sprinkler system so I move my sprinklers around myself. LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weeds in my lawn

Yes, continual moisture will sprout all the weed seeds your lawn has. You are doing the right thing by leaving the grass long. Tall grass will help to shade out any new seedlings and keep them from taking root.

Nothing funny about a hose sprinkler. I have 4 zones of underground sprinklers but I stopped using them in October. I prefer the control I can get with an oscillator sprinkler on a hose.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here