Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aveo5

Weed Killer For A Floratam Lawn...HELP!

aveo5
11 years ago

Ok, I have looked over a few posts about this topic, and dont see an answer, so I am asking about it. I am sorry if it is a repeat question. It SEEMS my lawn must have HAD a lot of Floratam in it, since most of my lawn died after spraying it with Ortho Weed B Gone, that is suppose to be safe for St.Augustine lawns, EXCEPT Floratam. Some didn't die, but the the weeds fill in the dead spots. So now I have every weed south Fla. can grow in my lawn. What product can be sprayed on a St.Augustine lawn that has Floratam in it? This is the stupidest type of St.Augustine they ever developed, You cant spray anything on it for weeds. Didnt they think weeds would come for Floratam? It gets weeds as fast as the 'old' St.Augsutine. So way develop it?

I dont care if my yard smells of chemicals, burns my feet when I step on it, or makes my house turn blue after I spray my yard. I have to find what can be sprayed on this damn Floratam to kill weeds. I dont know the names of them. Just imagine all weeds in south Fla. I am in Ft.Laud. It is already hot, and I hate to use weedkiller in the heat, but after using the Ortho in the winter, and loosing 75% of my lawn, I now have 75% weeds! What brand of weed killer can be sprayed on this Floratam and not kill the last of it, or the last of my 'old' St.Augustine? HELP!!!

Comments (2)