Return to the Lawn Care Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Princess 77 Bermuda - Planting lawn

Posted by CJohnsonNC NC (My Page) on
Thu, May 29, 14 at 9:21

8 days ago, I planted P77 seed in about 700 sq ft. Does anyone know if these sprouts are bermuda, or are they weeds?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Princess 77 Bermuda - Planting lawn

I seeded a month ago. Mine sprouting and looks similar.

o

That might be Bermuda. Soil may still not be 65+ in the morning so it will come up a little slow

o

That's NOT Bermuda, that's baby crabgrass!

o

So 3 days later and a torrential downpour, I believe I am seeing small areas with bermuda sprouts....but there is "baby crabgrass" everywhere now..

o

And..here is what the rest looks like.

o

And...this is yard covered in water on the evening of day 8..It does look like some of the seed had begun to germinate as the earlier picture shows, but I'm not sure what to expect now.

Today is day 11, and the only thing I see are weeds starting to cover the area with the exception of a few small areas where I can see the bermuda sprouts...

Any words of wisdom?

o

anyone else have any experiences they can share planting P77?

o

My advice, be very patient and hope mother nature cooperates. Any Bermuda that did sprout will take over. Pull out as many weeds as you can. As long as you are getting the correct amount of sunlight and fert/water, you will see more and more Bermuda. Once it takes off, you can spread a bit more seeds, just a thought. I personally seeded Yukon Bermuda and after a few heavy rains, I gave up and sodden the area. Since it was my front yard, I didn't have the patience to wait for it to fill in. If It had been my back yard, I would had been patient.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Lawn Care Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here